Thession despite its name, it was not a temple dedicated to Theseus but to the god Hephaistos and the goddess Athena. Situated at the western edge of the Agora (Market), it is today the best preserved temple of ancient times. Built in 449 B.C., it housed the statues of Hephaistos and Athena sculpted by Alkamenes.
The church of Ag. Apostoli is located within the excavation area of the Ancient Agora. It is one of the oldest (AD 1000-1025) churches of Athens, and it was built above the ruins of a Roman nymphaeon of the 2nd century. In the 1950s it was restored to its original form.